Welcome to Hazel Wood High School
Hazel Wood High School opened on the 2nd September 2019 as a sponsored Academy as part of Oak Learning Partnership, the school was formerly known as Broad Oak Sports college. Our new school launched following significant improvement works and it is a school we are very proud of.
Hazel Wood High School is a smaller than average secondary school with 650 students currently on roll and standard intake number of 650 that we hope to grow to 720 by the end of the Academic Year 2022. Pupil numbers are rising and our current Year 7 is above capacity and is oversubscribed.
Hazel Wood High School retains its position at the heart of its local community and many families have sent all of their children to the school which contributes to the strong relationships we have with our parent body. We have good relationships with our local primary partners and take our students from over 22 different primary schools.
We currently have 38 teaching staff all of which are specialists in their teaching areas ably supported by 26 members of support staff. Staff are committed not only to providing a safe and stimulating classroom and learning environment but also to providing opportunities that enrich the lives of our students.
We place great emphasis on an engaging curriculum and we are very proud of our unique Year 7 transition model that aims to ensure a smooth, positive and exciting experience throughout the transition year both academically and pastorally.
Our central values of Respect, Responsibility and Aspiration permeate everything we do and we would encourage you to come into school to have a look around and talk with our staff at any time.
Fostering a sense of pride and community and providing opportunity for all to excel.
- To be a role model to others and demonstrate positive interactions with all
- To use good manners, treating others how we wish to be treated
- To engage with others and to be considerate and kind
- To be prepared and organised
- To listen to others
- To provide consistency of procedures, policies and professional behaviours
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of all at Hazel Wood High School
- To engage, enthuse and inspire our learners thorough the whole school Journey
- To be inclusive by understanding the whole child and their needs
- To promote the ethos of the school within the wider community
- To demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude
- See every challenge as an opportunity to shine
- To work with integrity in order to be a good role model
- To reflect on our practice and seek to improve as a life-long learner
- To create a safe environment so that we are not afraid to try