We require and insist upon high standards of appearance and students are expected to wear the correct uniform, worn smartly at all times - in school and out - when representing our school domestically and overseas. At Hazel Wood High School we lay great stress on the importance of our smart school uniform in creating an inspiring atmosphere of discipline, commitment and respect.
- Grey Blazer with Hazel Wood High School Badge on the top pocket
- White Shirt to be tucked in at the waist
- Hazel Wood High School Tie to be worn
- Hazel Wood High School Pleated Skirt (Leggings may NOT be worn underneath the skirt, only tights are allowed)
- Grey Trousers. The material must be the same as the blazer. No jeans and not tight fitting
- Black Socks, Grey or Black Tights
- Footwear - Black leather SHOES, no pumps/trainers or branded trainer shoes
- Jewellery - Only small pair of studs/sleepers are permitted. No other piercings allowed
- No make-up or nail varnish should be worn
- Mobile phones/headphones etc. can only be used in social areas (Dining Room/Hub/Outside Spaces) at social times e.g. before school break, lunchtimes and after school. Corridors and change over times are not social times.
- External speakers are not permitted.
- Confiscation - Handed to PYM and can be collected at the end of the school day in the correction hall. If this is a frequent occurrence (4 times or more) a meeting is held with parents and you are banned from having a mobile in school.
Timings of the School Day
|Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday||Wednesday|
|Registration||08:55 - 09:25||n/a|
|P1||09:25 - 10:25||08:55 - 09:55|
|P2||10:25 - 11:25||09:55 - 10:55|
|Break||11:25 - 11:40||10:55 - 11:10|
|P3||11:40 - 12:40||11:10 - 12:10|
|Lunch||12:40 - 13:15||12:10 - 12:45|
|P4||13:15 - 14:15||12:45 - 13:45|
|P5||14:15 - 15:10||13:45 - 14:45|
(NB – a warning bell rings 5 minutes before the end of break and lunch to indicate to students that they should move to lessons. All students should make their way to their lessons as the FIRST bell rings.)