Hazel Wood High School is keen to build and maintain an effective partnership between the school, home and community.
Despite our best efforts there may be occasions where we do not meet expectations and things go wrong.
Our hope is that a discussion with the appropriate member of staff would normally resolve any concerns that you may have. In many cases this member of staff is likely to be your child’s teacher. If the teacher feels unable to resolve the matter alone then it may be necessary for him or her to consult with a more senior teacher (including an Assistant Headteacher, a Deputy Headteacher or the Headteacher).
Our Complaints Policy and Procedure will:
• Be impartial and non-adversarial
• Facilitate a full and fair investigation by an independent person or panel, where necessary
• Respect confidentiality duties
• Address all the points at issue and provide an effective response and appropriate redress, where necessary
• Keep the complainant informed of the progress of the complaints process, adhering to the established timescales wherever possible
• Provide information to the Trust’s senior management which can be considered in school improvement evaluation processes
We aim to resolve concerns through everyday communications as far as possible, in line with Stage 1 of this procedure. The attached policy outlines the procedure for bringing concerns and complaints to the attention of the Trust and to our school. It explains the actions which we, and the Trust will take in response.
The sooner a concern is raised, and the better we can communicate together, will mean improved outcomes for our pupils, families, school and community.