Attendance Officer - Apply ASAP or by 18th August, 9am
Dates: Apply as soon as possible or by the final deadline of 9.00am, Tuesday 18th August 2020
Salary: Grade 7 £19, 554 to £21, 166 per annum pro rata (Grade 7, SCP 7-11)
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Contract type: 37 Hours per week, term time plus 5 days
Contract term: Permanent
Hazel Wood High wishes to appoint a well-qualified, hardworking and enthusiastic Attendance Officer, capable of making a strong contribution to our rapidly improving school. We are looking for a candidate who can implement and support the school’s attendance strategy and strive to improve attendance and punctuality. This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated and hardworking department where you will be supported to develop your practice. We see this position as a key role in tracking, monitoring and analysing attendance trends and punctuality data to ensure that good attendance is achieved and sustained.
The successful candidate will:
· Assist in the admission and transfer process of pupils
· Support the work of the admin team to ensure administrative duties are completed when required
· Administer holiday requests
· Be a part of the ‘Code Yellow’ response team for a student missing from school
· Have excellent IT skills and will be proficient in using Microsoft and other IT packages
· Co-ordinate the school systems for managing students who are late; monitor lateness each morning actively engaging students and families as they arrive late to school
· Organise attendance clinics each half term in liaison with the Attendance Tracking Team
We believe that Hazel Wood High is a great place to work. This post offers you the opportunity to work in/with:
· A school with a strong will and determination to continue to improve
· A school that has high expectations of all who work here
· A school that is driven by strong values, invests in its staff and students and has a high
· regard for their welfare
· A school that works effectively with all stakeholders
· A caring school where you can make a real difference to the lives of young people
You will be part of an excellent team and will be given extensive support to develop to your full potential both in this role and beyond.
Employees of Hazel Wood High have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and references.
Applicants are asked to complete the application form and write a letter, which responds to the person specification, which tells us about your experience and skills relevant to the post and stating why they feel they would be suitable for the position; this must include how candidates meet all essential aspects of the person specification.
Please do not send CV’s. Completed applications and supporting letters should be returned by email to the HR department at email@example.com. We would welcome applications as soon as possible, the final deadline is Tuesday 18th August 2020 at 9.00am.